17 June 2006

Game of Attrition…

Disallowed, disallowed why oh why??? It was in! The Italian pulled a fast one – injury indeed. If it was an injury surely he would have stayed off the pitch, but he came back. Can you tell that I am supporting the US? I think they have played very well. I am so upset with the referee though. Three red cards, countless yellow cards... Heart breaking stuff. So, is Italy out? 1 all at the moment and we are at 74 minutes. Loll is lolling around as we speak, she was this afternoon too...

Ok so what else did I get up to today... spot of gardening. You see I love our garden but it is on the bigger side of average English gardens. This means (for us at least) that we cannot go long without any garden attention.

Back to footie, hubbie has just commented that the game is really now a war of attrition – two foes slugging away trying to wear each other down. I want the US to win ... 13 minutes to go and it is lively. I like a lively match but please don’t let the Italians score. The US is really on the attack here and looking good. Come on USA score for crying out loud!!!! Sort those Italians out! Oh... it is tense people, tense... 8 minutes to go and then extra time after that. If I had beer in the house this would be the time to have it – to calm the nerves. They are fraught I can tell ya. Knitting? What knitting? Scared of making mistakes... lack of attention you see. The footie wins without a doubt.

It is interesting you know. Any other time of the year, I would not be interested in football. You see when I was young (this makes me feel old) my father watched football all the time... The Italians nearly scored again. 3½ minutes to go... As I was saying, Dad watched football all the time. As we had one television, we (the children) could either watch or leave. Most of the time, we left. Looking back, it was not all the time that Dad watched football actually, just when we wanted to watch Dynasty (oh yes, we watched it!)... 90 seconds away!!!! Breathe, breathe, breathe, breathe, breathe... So... I developed an aversion to football in my younger years, however occasionally; I get involved as I am now. I am sure Dad will be pleased when I tell him... (This is a diversion tactic by the way - to pass time quickly). Italians nearly scored again. COME ON USA!!!! HOLD IT TOGETHER! You have done so well, so far. 9 against 10... 90 minutes er... seconds, to go of the extra time. HANG IN THERE USA... I c..a..n..t t y p e a n y m o r e... it is too tense. It is over! It is all over! America 1, Italy 1. Amazing!

OK, I have to see to dinner now… Yes, it is late but I was watching football...
p.s. can't add photos to this thing... again... maybe tomorrow. I wanted to share more of the garden and Loll lolling around.

3 comments:

Patriot Fan said...

Brazilian Refs Cheat, and Italy's coach fixes matches.

Its the truth!

Brazilian Refs Cheat, and Italy's coach fixes matches.

Tusa said...

Thanks for that Jim. It explains a lot. I wonder whether this will be picked up during the games...

Marietta said...

i love your commentary - i was at my other job and had to listen on the radio (thank you satelite) and watch pic by pic online - intense game indeed!!!!