14 June 2006

Multi-tasking – Knitting, Blogging and Footie

Oh what to do? Watch football, knit or blog? I have decided to do all at the same time – well kind off. I am taking break from knitting as I write but I am still watching the footie. Germany against Poland. I am supporting the ‘said’ underdog as usual - Poland. But you know they have just lost one player to a red card! What are they doing – 74 minutes under their belts and what’s that, a red card? Why???

Talking of which, I have been close to giving Loll a red card as well. Those shapings people talked about. While doing the research mentioned in an earlier entry, I discovered that the shapings of the cardi are not quite to… and Germany nearly scooooreeed! Ohhh! Thank goodness for that… as I was saying the shapings of the cardigan are not quite what is written down. You have to try and imagine what the designer would have intended – physical and visual shaping – then adjust the placement of markers accordingly. What I have ended up with is what you can see in this photograph. Not bad but I have not written it … oh Germany are rather aggressive now, 84 minutes into the game… Good for you Marietta no?… down.

This multi-tasking is wearing me out. Oh by the way, I am also conversing with my hubby as I do this. I am not doing any of these things well but it has to be done otherwise a long night is ahead of me. So, I have not written it down which means I have to be careful when I come to the front but hopefully a visual reference using the back will be enough. Germany have just missed again – yeesss!! But the Polish goal keeper has just got a yellow card for not collecting the ball quick enough – WHAT! When did that rule come in? NOOooooooo! The ball just bounced off the Polish goal three times and then Germany scored! But the whistle had blown phew! No, they have just scored, again!!! Germany that is – tears for the Polish, it means they are out unless Costa Rica beat Ecuador! Torturous! Pleased it was not England though…

OK I give up on trying to blog about knitting. Needless to say, I have survived the alternative shaping. Manana people.

1 comment:

Marietta said...

GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! okay so it took them 90 minutes -but it happened- it made working very difficult...yeah my knitting is in the yellow card zone...