24 June 2006

Nag, Nag, Nag…

Oh what a bother! Earlier today my dear hubby got really annoyed with me. I didn’t mind because I knew it was for a good reason that I nagged him. You see, we both were in the garden enjoying the sun and really chilling out. Then, I suggested that although he had put some suntan lotion on he should not sit directly in the sun just after midday. Oh, my goodness! You would have thought I asked him to eat worms… He was so resistant. Talk about one digging their heels in! But you see I had good reason. Last year the docs found a melanoma and removed etc., etc. So, I didn’t stop at his annoyance, which annoyed him even more... I kept going until he moved into the shade. It was warm enough.

Anyway, we soon made up and went to a local fete but I forgot my camera so I can't show you what they had there. But we bought plants for the garden for all of £2, crystal glasses for £3 and a picture frame for £2. Not bad eh? A bargain I say.

We also got to enjoy our first ever home grown strawberries. They were very sweet and tart... No pun intended. Seriously, it was lovely to enjoys the fruits of our labour.

I nearly forgot. That update on my knitting adventures... Well, Loll is coming along. The back is complete as I mentioned earlier, and I should finish the front today. More pictures when I am feeling happy about where I am... Actually, forget that here is one...


Oh, yes and the footie... The whole country awaits with baited breath. England v Ecuador... Not to be missed!

4 comments:

Dove Knits said...

Oh dear, good reason to nag husband! I'm glad everything is ok and the melanoma is over and done with -- we had a scare like that with my dad two years ago, and now we all stay out of the sun! Kepp nagging, lady, he'll thank you later.

Also -- homegrown strawberries? That's awesome. And I can't wait to see that sweater finished!

Tusa said...

Thank you dove knits. I will keep nagging him.

Kitty Kitty said...

Hi Tusa,

One thing I really hate about blogger is that it doesn't sent email addresses with comments. I just wanted to stop by and say thank you for the compliment. :) Yep, I wanted to finish before the USA was finally out of the world cup, so it was actually done on the 17th so I could wear it during the game, but it needed a real blocking which got done this week. The steam on the 17th didn't cut it.

The sweater is Bombshell by Stefanie Japel. It is in the book, Big Girl Knits. A truly fast knit.

Your sweater looks great. I can not wait to see your finished sweater. You can do it.

YEAH, England goes on ot the next round.

Thanks again.

Tusa said...

Hi Kitty kitty,

Thanks for the encouragement and information. And yes! England are in! Some breathing space until next Saturday...