30 June 2006

Sexy Knitters Club

What a day so far. I have joined the Sexy Knitters Club and I will be knitting the current choice for the July KAL - Tempting II. Much excitement! Oooh! Aah! I think it is sexy…

I left my first blog at SKC this morning. I lamented my indecision on yarn therefore the very last minute dash to buy the needed yarn for the project. No sooner than I had posted than the yarn arrived. Three hours later actually but I want to exaggerate – blogger’s prerogative, exclamation marks included! I was so pleased with MCA direct. The only thing with internet buying is you are never quite sure what the yarn will look like colour wise. So, as it turns out the yarn is two shades darker than I anticipated but I still love it! Calmer in Kiwi. I can’t wait to cast on for the KAL. The lesson? There has to be one, no? Always imagine the yarn two shades darker or buy shade cards. I know, I am a skinflint sometimes…

And the footie… Well I am working from home today so I am ‘reduced’ listening to the commentary via BBC online. As my husband’s best friends said earlier today – it is not to be missed. It is a ‘final’ match and a “Clash of the Titans”. I am not sure who to support. Completely torn here. I know who Marietta is supporting. I am listening, but it is hard to write a report and listen to all the excitement. So far though I am holding up. If it comes down to penalty shoot outs I will have to go downstairs and watch… I can’t miss that!

My word! What a penalty shoot out. I am so impressed with Germany and pleased that England did not meet them here. They were so determined and they got through. Anybody who plays them better watch out! There is nothing like playing on home turf to pep that determination. Wow! Germany beat Argentina, who would have thought.

And what about tomorrow? I am already having anxieties about that – how will I manage it??!!! The family are descending on us so, DH and I better go food shopping - now. I will either be ecstatic or depressed when I blog tomorrow…

4 comments:

Marietta said...

england game just ended: oh tusa i am so sorry for you - i almost felt that way yesterday - i just about cried when argentina scored that first goal...oh - i was really looking forward to an england v germany match

Tusa said...

Thanks for your commiserations. We are still shocked over here. The only consolation, if one can call it that is that our 'other' team France (we have family connections with France) went through.

Dove Knits said...

Ooo, Tempting II. Can't wait to se eit finished! I've been dreaming of making that for a while, but my knitting list needs to be cleared off a bit first, and my yarn destashed somewhat before I can even justify buying any more yarn! Such unreasonableness! I'll just have to knit vicariously through you :)

Tusa said...

I know DK. I tried to resist the temptation clearly it did not work... I will keep you posted.