09 July 2006

Last kicks of a dying horse

Zidane! I have just finished watching the World Cup finals. Another intriguing match. I spent most of the actual play running around and doing other things with one eye on the game. I saw France score but missed Italy’s score. I must have been loading the washing machine at this point. Sometimes domestics get in the way! Then I decided to get busy with other things but I settled down for the last few minutes. I saw Zidane do his thing. What a shame! I thought his move to announce his retirement was a good one, whether France lost or not. It would be his grand finale; but instead it was the last kicks of a dying horse! A great shame that a great football player should go out like that. Now we are not connected to the French (I told you I get choosy) at all! Pah! Sorry sis.

Note to all: I will not blame the critical match loses on my evident ‘kiss of death’ as far as football is concerned. I would rather blame it on more tangible reasons: Rooney and Zidane. That's just me…
Congratulations Italy! I will never hear the end of this one from my Italian collegue at work. I have to brace myself.

Meanwhile, not much knits while running around the house which is why Loll has not progressed much since last night. I will keep at it though. I should be done by next weekend. I will no doubt get to that finish line steadily without pressure of those (psychological) sprinters I talked about. I will not give up. It would be too expensive and my dear husband would not forgive me after running around all DIY shops last weekend (when we were meant to be preparing for the family’s arrival) so that I could get all the material needed for the blocking board; which was of course urgently needed!

Tusa and her antics! I must dash my dear friends. More housework beckons before bedtime.
p.s. I had more picutres lined up for today's blog but blogger wont let me. Hope the blog is still entertaining.

6 comments:

jill said...

Hallo knit sib (and fellow Cast-On contributor)!

Just wanted to let you know that I finally got caught up on the second half of the last ep of Cast-On and was thrilled to hear you on it! When she said "Today's sweater is from Tusa," I thought - "I've read her blog! I know who she is!"

Anyway, connecting to you via Marietta and leaving you my sympathies on the footie.

Marietta said...

well at leat we got third and my long lost blood relatives won...it's over - finally - that is a lot of footie in one month!

Jeanie said...

Stopped by your blog to see what you're up to! Quit cleaning and pick up Loll!!!

;-)

Dove Knits said...

Dang, that was some game!

Ha, I know all about the urgency of knitting supplies!

Tusa said...

Jill - thank you so much for stopping by. That contribution to Cast-On – really pleased I did it now. I was not sure at the time but took the plunge anyway. And also thankful to Brenda for using the piece.

Marietta - Congratulations mate! It is far better than either of the teams I supported. Well done to Germany (and thank you for thrashing Portugal). I am not competitive at all. Me? No!!!!!!

Jeanie - I quit cleaning but...

Dove Knits - It was indeed. I did not seem to get the urgency to follow through to action... I am stuck…

Tusa said...

Jill - where is your blog? I tried to visit.