22 July 2006

A Prayer...

I have been debating with myself whether or not to share something with everyone. I have debated long and hard and decided that I should. I am not forcing (I hope) this on anyone therefore if prayers are not your bag, you are best placed to come back tomorrow. If, however, you could do with one, or know someone who could do with one, here is one that packs a punch. For some background information just google ‘Saint Jude’ and see what you get.

St. Jude Novena
(A novena is a nine day prayer)


“Oh St. Jude
Apostle and Martyr
Great in virtue and rich miracles
Near kinsman of Jesus Christ
Faithful intercessor of all who invoke you
Special patron in times of need
I humbly beg you to whom God has given such great powers
To come to my assistance now
Please help me in my present and urgent need and grant my earnest petition
In return I promise to make your name known and cause you to be invoked
St Jude pray for us and all who honour thee and invoke they aid
Amen”

Say 3 Patters, 3 Hail Marys and 3 Glorias


How I came across this prayer? I attended a catholic school many, many moons ago where prayer was at the forefront of our daily lives. However, this is not where I discovered the prayer, although the discipline meant that I was open to prayer. I found it in a local newspaper and used it when my father was very ill. I was only about 13 yrs (I am over 30 yrs now). I have kept it since and gone back to it over the years and in desperate times.

I hope above does not aggravate/annoy anyone. What ever your choice, look after yourself physically, emotionally, intellectually and spiritually.
I am off to prepare for my knitting club now. Later, knit sibs.

6 comments:

KnitYoga said...

I'm not really a very religious person but that prayer could be very helpful to someone in need. I don't get annoyed by anyone's beliefs, creeds, etc. Each to their own and live and let live is my motto. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your comment.

Alice said...

They are lovely, comforting words and should aggravate or annoy nobody. Anyway, every person is free to exercise their right to choose not to read it if it offends them. I fully agree with Knityoga. Although I have no idea what a patter or a gloria is...

I will Google St Jude!

Marietta said...

i was always a fan of st christopher - tho st jude is a good one too!

Tusa said...

Thank you all for your comments. It is good to hear that I do not have to apologise for sharing. It was hard to blog that. FYI…

Patter = Lord's Prayer
Gloria = Gloria short prayer (google it)

Marietta - I too am a fan of St Christopher - that is actually my husband's middle name. And he is a keen traveller.

Alice said...

I did Google those terms and I learnt something new - I always like to learn new things.

Thanks for your comment on my blog, by the way!

Alice said...

Oh my goodness, I've just seen your Kidsilk Haze scarf. It's so beautiful. Did you knit it from a pattern? If so, I'd love to know which one. I can't see the info anywhere on your previous posts, unless I've missed it. Oh, it's just lovely.