02 July 2006

They think it is all over…

And it really is! What a day yesterday. Had the family over again to watch footie, only to be so disappointed. We lost to Portugal and we were all very shocked. And Rooney! Could he not see that he was being set up? All he had to do was hold out and not give into the taunts. Conspiracy theories abound over here... some think Sven took a backhander to ensure that England did not play very well. And to top it all, our England captain – David Beckham – resigned. That was very sad to hear but professionally (and tearfully) done. I think there is more to what he is saying but, nicely done Becks. Well done and thanks old chap.My family’s only consolation is that France went through. We have a French side you see... No name dropping. But even that was shocking. Brazil are out! Gordon Bennett!

I am not getting on well with the knitting. Nervous tension from yesterday, then disappointment... So, today I finally got down to making my blocking board. Nothing like using a staple gun and imagining stapling... oh no, really, I don’t have a mean bone in me. So it went from thisto this...
And I got as far as gluing the foam to the chip-board - hubby helped me of course. Still the plastic sheeting and gingham to staple. [I lost interest and,] I wanted to do some knitting, as I am behind, and I have yet to start on Tempting II...
Also, had to prepare for the week ahead, I will be on the road for four days and I am not looking forward to it. Can you not tell? So, if you don’t read me, I have not had the chance to blog but maybe I would have had more knitting opportunities... Goodnight knit sibs and knit easy.

5 comments:

Theresa said...

Okay, you had me worried. I thought you were going to staple your KNITTING to block it!! Hey, I was interested!

Kitty Kitty said...

I thought of you during the very sad England football game. Lets hope that FA can win against Italy.

How is your sweater coming along? Have a safe trip. :)

Tusa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tusa said...

My trip went well although it was very long... Apparently my husband got the stapler out too. More later. Thanks for visiting. T

Dove Knits said...

That game was sad. Not only did they lose, but it just wasn't a very good game...

But hey, nice board!