18 August 2006

Silent and Imaginary…

…knitting. There has been no progress on this front. But I thought I should put in an appearance on two counts one of them related to knitting.

Firstly, I wanted to share the good news that Ian and I have just celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary. And in style I might add… It started as follows.

Three days ago my husband arrived home from work looking rather excited and mischievous. After much questioning on my part and getting ‘nothing’ for a response I gave up the inquisition. Little did I know… I would also learn that my husband can’t keep a secret! Ian decided to reclaim my attention by asking whether I wanted to know what we would be doing on our anniversary (17th August). “Only if you want to tell me” I answered. He continued to smile at me inanely. There was a part of me that wanted to find out but I also wanted a surprise.

Anyway, I thought of it no more, he was after all smiling through it all. Had it been a sad face I would have pushed harder. I continued to run around to prepare for my day at work the following day (16th August). I went to bed rather tired and woke the next morning proceeded with my normal preparations. When I came in back into the bedroom to say goodbye for the day (Ian currently has so much annual leave time it is just not fair!), that inane smile re-appeared. Even more surprising Ian was awake enough to hold a conversation. I will rephrase that… he was just so excited about our adventure on Thursday that he could not contain himself! Do you want to know what we will be doing tomorrow? After similar response to the night before, he replied with “we are going to Venice for the day!” Oh my goodness! I was so excited! Of course he received lots of kisses for it. I did get to work but did not sleep much that night because I was sooooo excited!

And it was absolutely fantastic! I will never forget the day and what an array of activities we had too… A ride on the Grand Canal to the Lido for lunch then some 'culture' at St Mark's Square and getting ‘lost’ in the back alleys of Venice where we discovered some gorgeous Jewellery (of course) and I bought some Murano Glass (how could I not??!)

Knitting did cross my mind (please don’t gasp – it is just a phase and I will overcome it) but somehow finding our way to the Rialto bridge and visiting the market there dominated my head before we made our way back to Marco Polo for dinner and jetting back home. What more could I ask for? Nothing, it was just perfect.

Oh, after seeing the length of this post I have decided to leave the other news for a separate post. Later!

8 comments:

Kitty Kitty said...

Happy Belated Anniversary!!! Sounds absolutely lovely

Seahorse said...

Wow! What a fantastic suprise! Belated Happy Anniversary to you both!

Alice said...

Congratulations on ten years marriage!

What a thoughtful husband you have, to make all that effort. That is lovely, and you sound as though you had a fabulous time.

Theresa said...

Happy Anniversary! Glad you had so much fun!

Marietta said...

wow! that is so romantic - i want to go to venice - for the day!!! a little harder from the USA though :)

Dove Knits said...

Happy anniversary! That sounds like a wonderful trip!

Tusa said...

Thank you all. I thought I had lost your audience given my silence for a while. Thank you very much!

blog-blethers said...

What a fantastic way to spend your 10th wedding anniversary! Congratulations to you both (lol I had a wet weekend in Blackpool with the kids ... an omen methinks!!)