17 June 2007

Current W.I.P.

I could not think of a more imaginative title than above. Creative juices are a bit low this late in the day! But, I wanted to share a picture of my current W.I.P. This is the pattern from UK Hand Knitting Association...

It currently looks like this…

Knit as one piece up to the arms, then sleeves seperately. It should be quick but for time...
I am not sure whether I have got the tension right. In fact, when I did the swatches, I was off a bit, so I chose the closest. It might not have been that close after all. We will see when I am done. It just kind of looks too big for Elizabeth right now, although it is meant to be just right.

Talking of which, I am finding buying/receiving clothes for Elizabeth rather interesting. Every time I purchase or receive something, I think it will be fine for the future. By the time I get it out she has nearly outgrown the item. What to do? Only this morning dear hubby noted that her vest was too tight (I double checked and it was); she only got into it two weeks ago!

I better go before she outgrows my current W.I.P.!

4 comments:

blog-blethers said...

What a gorgeous little bundle Elizabeth is ... she is a complete cherub! Hopefully she is more settled at night and letting you rest too. I reckon disturbed nights with baby are just practice for my end of parenthood at the moment (not being able to sleep till they get home from clubbing!!). And love your wee jacket for Elizabeth ...

Sarah said...

Hi Tusa

Thanks for stopping by and your kind words about the stole.

Your cardi is very lovely just like your little girl. I'm very impressed at the knitting progress with such a wee babe.

Thanks again

Sarah

Queen of the froggers. said...

Tusa, that cardi is going to be gorgeous, like all the other little things you have made...I want to knit baby things!!!! Thank you for the comment on my blog too. x

Seahorse said...

The cardi is looking great. I've learned (finally!) to only ever start making 'next size up' garments for my brood!