13 June 2007

Knit and Natter!

Ah well! It all started with good intentions. So there we were, four mums, four babes and four intentions to knit. What we did not count on were three intentions to fill their nappies! Our little flowers had other ideas for our hour and a bit.
We all rolled into my home, made teas, sat down and got the needles out. Then the babies declared their intentions. They all wanted to eat, and then the majority decided they wanted their nappies changed. Then they wanted to be cuddled [to sleep]. What was it that we had planned? Ah yes, knit and natter - I am ‘really’ getting the hang of motherhood; don’t plan anything! We managed to natter but the knitting…

Still determined, we consoled ourselves that talking about knitting counted. Only one of us managed to use knitting needles in the time; to cast on for a hat using this yarn in 'air'. The pattern is from Rowan magazine # 26. I was jealous. Hopefully, I can show you the progress here in future.

Although… I did manage to show off my current project. It is progressing nicely and keeping me sane on the knitting front. I no longer feel desperate to knit, as I have taken heed from Marietta and employed that sling. Wonderful things. But, as luck would have it I am also tempted to run around and do other things instead. Those quiet moments are few and far between.

That said, I would not have it any other way. It makes it all worthwhile that my current w.i.p. is for our little one. Oh and that second cardigan in __ months…

No comments: