20 June 2007

Think of us tomorrow… Needles

Today, as I gave Elizabeth her bath and prepared her for bed, I cast my mind forward. Tomorrow, we are going to our local surgery in order for her to receive her second lot of vaccinations - yikes! I also thought how funny it was that I spent some of the afternoon today, knitting with her on my lap, and taking great care to ensure she was not poked with the knitting needles. Yet, tomorrow I will be holding her on my lap and letting two people poke her in the thigh.

For the first lot of jabs, Ian came with me. My little girl did not know what was happening and let out such a cry during the jabs. I held her while it happened and Ian stood behind me. Once it was all over I cuddled her and then gave her a little feed. I did not cry (then) but watched over her very carefully. Elizabeth slept for most of the afternoon after a little Calpol (she spat out most of it). Then, I made the mistake of waking her up (gently) for her bedtime preparation. I had (until then) never heard her cry with such pain before! I started bawling too. My poor hubby did not know who to console first. We soon calmed down and changed Elizabeth without the bath etc., then cuddled and settled her.

So you see, I am not looking forward to tomorrow. I am dreading it. I will be without Ian and I know Elizabeth will be sleepy and unhappy for at least two days after. Think of us tomorrow…
On the knitting front her cardigan is coming along nicely. Yes, this afternoon I also thought about blocking it before I assemble it. Then I remembered that I have not finished that blocking board... I was so close! I am such a starter... I need to finish a number of things - just look at the project bars down the side here. Let’s not mention stash busting (nil) and stash enhancing (lots) efforts...

2 comments:

Queen of the froggers. said...

Poor you and Elizabeth, I am sure you will get through it OK. Stock up on lots of treats and visit some friends to take your minds off it. x

terri said...

Hope the jabs weren't too painful for you both:-(