19 July 2007

In My Backyard…

It has been a while since I blogged… The sleep stuff with Elizabeth went haywire. We tried controlled crying, medication, cuddling, rocking, walking, gradual retreat etc. – some of this on Elizabeth too. As for controlled crying – she was controlling, while I was crying… The upshot of it all is (and I am nervous about typing this... fingers crossed) that she has started settling herself. Not counting my chicks though…

Now, about my backyard. If you saw the comments from others on my last entry you would have noticed that Jo left a message about her stand at a fair in my town. So last Saturday morning, I bundled our little treasure in her pram and set about finding the venue, a mere ten minutes from home. I got there rather eager to see what was on sale and I was not disappointed. Jo welcomed me very warmly and she had lovely stuff on her stand. Having forgotten to take my camera I can’t show it here; but she had felted bags, sewn cushions, hand spun yarn. Oh, the joy when I saw what she had.
And while Jo was there she was spinning and gave me a brief introduction to spinning. I was also impressed by her thirst to learn more via City and Guilds qualifications. Not only this but also her eagerness to share her learning with other people. We only spent about 20 minutes chatting but we covered recycling, spinning, toe up socks and possible workshops. Oh, and babies. On the former she noted that she would be keen to run workshops in my town. Oh, the joy at hearing all this - can you tell how excited I was? I want to learn to knit socks properly. I am still a novice. My last attempt is about to be ‘scarfed’… Anyway, I enhanced my stash with above yarn - Crown Mountain Farm superwash - which might turn into a Baby Surprise Jacket. I have a whole other story on this too… Time is short though so maybe next time.

Meanwhile visit Jo’s online shop – LimeGreenJelly too. She has some fab stuff.

7 comments:

Janey said...

Oh, I feel your pain with Elizabeth's sleep issues! It took me 2 hours last night to settle Beth who's 16 months old. I was tearing my hair out!

So, are you in Worthing? Me too! Sounds like Jo's stall was not to be missed!

Queen of the froggers. said...

I feel your pain with the sleep issues, although my boy is 10 now so it was a long time ago! I hope she settles down. That yarn looks lovely, I wish I had been to the craft fair, I am not that far away from you!

Jo said...

Look at this, all these other bloggers nearby, it looks like you could have a knitting group set up before you know it, thanks for all the lovely things you've said, it was great to meet you!

Knittings Nice! said...

Hi Tusa...in reply to your question....am in Tarring....where are you?

Craftydramaqueen said...

Good luck with the sleep routine. I know it's difficult now but it does get better! We learned by our mistakes with baby no. 1, so no. 2 has a stricter routine and sleeps a lot better - she has a totally different personality however!

re your felting question. I normally felt at 60deg. I put the item in a pillow case or wash bag and wash with towels or jeans. You might want to try felting by hand for your hat, otherwise it might end up too small!! Dip the hat from very hot water to iced water whilst rubbing the hat in your hands.

Janey said...

Hi Tusa! Would love to get together as I have absolutely NO knitty frends! Funnily enough, I aslo live in Tarring! What a small world!

Queen of the froggers. said...

If you do decide to meet up let me know as I am a 20 ish minute train ride from Worthing so not far!