22 August 2007

Blocking Sahara

So much to tell all and so little time. Well, I finished the main part of Sahara and blocked her. Yes blocked her, which also means that my blocking board is finished. Finally! And thanks to Ian.
So, once the board was finished there was no excuse for not blocking Sahara and here she is in all her glory…
well not quite as I have the collar and button bands to complete. I am happy with her so far. I also discovered another thing about myself; I love to see the finished pieces laid out on my blocking board. So much so, that I kept Sahara on the board for nearly two weeks! Does anyone else do the same?

Meanwhile, thanks to Marietta’s advice on how to use Sweater Wizard (fab software there is no stopping me now!) I started another project. Can’t quite decide what I am going to call it but it is for a friend’s baby. And if all turns out well I could knit that one for Elizabeth too. I will elaborate on this project next time…
I leave you with our little one’s photo.

7 comments:

Marietta said...

Elizabeth is so cute! Just beautiful!

Sarah said...

Is Elizabeth gazing at your Sahara blocking? Is that why she looks sooo happy :o)

Seahorse said...

Elizabeth is gorgeous!

Sahara is looking good. I love the way things look all pinned out and smart too!

Dove Knits said...

Cutest baby girl ever!

Tusa said...

Thank you all :-)

blog-blethers said...

Elizabeth is just beautiful and can't believe how quickly she is growing! Looking forward to seeing Sahara all sewn up...

Jo said...

It's a great blocking board, I think it looks a bit like you caught Ian unawares with that board and that he's lurking naked, (the naked blocking board maker?)
Elizabeth is looking gorgeous, hope you are all well xxx