21 September 2007

She is growing…

We are weaning Elizabeth. She is rolling over and wanting to crawl. She can say ‘tata’ or was that ‘dada’? We know she can say abooo! We hear it at night! All in all we are having so much fun that I have not had time to knit! Literally!

Happy!

Yesterday, for example, we went to a baby signing class. The classes are interesting and it is impressive to see the little ones watching intently. Especially when they realise that they can use their limbs a lot more than before. Elizabeth has somehow managed to grasp ‘stop!’ at meal times. I might be imagining this, as it seems to be combined with ‘pick me up’ and cuddle me – usually nuzzling into my chest with pureed carrot still on her face. And carrot stains… The top or the baby? No brainer…

More...

Back to knitting… Ravelry has put the wind up my sails again and I need to make time for my knitting especially as I will soon be cataloguing my hibernating projects. Perish the thought!

p.s. I left out some details on the baby signing classes’ front. Yesterday, on the way back we went over dog poo with Elizabeth’s push chair; whilst she screamed all the way home (half an hour), because I thought I could get away without feeding her until we got home. To compound the problem, she only had 20 minutes for her lunch time nap. Needles to say we had lots of cuddles later

4 comments:

Janey said...

They grow so fast don't they? And the fun just continues so do make sure you make time for knitting as otherwise you spend the whole day just watching your little one!

What is your Ravelry ID? I shall pop in and say Hi!

Kendra said...

THe baby signing classes sound good. I wasn't sure how much it actually worked.

Seahorse said...

Isn't Ravelry fun!

It's so lovely to hear how happy you are to be a Mum :)

Dove Knits said...

I love reading about Elizabeth! Aww.

My niece wasn't taught to sign, per se, but since alot of the things we say to her are accompanied by gestures anyway, she picked those up, and by about 11-13 months, she was able to communicate alot of things through gestures and the few words she knew. It was really cool!