30 November 2007

It is finally done!

Yes but for one button, Sahara is complete and not without challenges. It has been a long journey for such a small cardigan which my poor daughter will be subjected to wearing for a while.

And there have been some lessons along the way. Now I know…

- There is a reason people stick to EZ’s percentage system and not tinker with it… I did and came up with short sleeves which I had to extend then after that noticed that the decreases were very noticeable. Something I can live with but notable.

- That I should have just bought Sweater Wizard before attempting this little project. It would have saved me lots of time and angst that is why someone came up with the programme.

- How to calculate garment (read sweater) proportions and I would have never known that one needs to pick up fewer stitches than rows for the button band so that it does not pucker.

- Why designers are called such… It takes a lot of figuring out to come up with a garment that hangs together and looks good. I bow to them.

One day, I will write out the pattern and offer it out for free…


8 comments:

Sarah said...

Congratulations! Must be such a nice feeling to see this on your little one.

Seahorse said...

It's gorgeous!

Elizabeth has grown so much!

Janey said...

Beautiful! Both the cardi and Elizabeth!

von said...

It looks great! No 'poor daughter' about it!! Don't you just love challenging projects :o)

Marietta said...

it all matches now! but hey - babies arms are weirdly long and yet so short :)

Angela said...

Hey Tusa... beautiful sweater.. my Aunt taught me to knit in about an hour and I've done ONE scarf...hoping to move on to another soon and then maybe a hat done by knitting a square and sewing the sides and top together. Anyway, Happy New Year from across the pond!
Angela

barb michelen said...

Hello I just entered before I have to leave to the airport, it's been very nice to meet you, if you want here is the site I told you about where I type some stuff and make good money (I work from home): here it is

Kendra said...

The cardigan is lovely. Elizabeth looks very sweet in it. She is so pretty - I love the photo of her in her hat in your earlier post (I've been catching up on your old posts, I'm so out of date).