29 May 2008

Time Flies...

Where does the time go? It seems only yesterday when I declared my return to blogland, only to have a few months pass me by again. I know though that I am not on my own on this one.

Since I last blogged, very little knitting has taken place. Only one project to boast about and when it was finished it was too small for my little girl. She can squeeze in though, probably for another month or so…

Podcasts have really kept me going. At the moment I am really hooked on Ready Set Knit staring Kathy and Steve and featuring various guests with Pixie in a great supporting role. Cast On by Brenda Dayne is still a regular on my listening list too; and I miss her weekly editions.

I have also had the occasional visit to Ravelry. Can you believe that??? Occasional visit!!! Once upon a time, I visited Ravelry two or three times a day if not more… Those of you, who have left messages for me here and on Ravelry, thank you so much. I will reply to your questions as soon as I can.

I also have a confession. I have been unfaithful to knitting!!!! That said, many of you have mentioned in the past that knitters tend to have more than one crafting interest. Just take a look at Marietta. Where does she get the energy?? My one newish interest is card making; there are more believe me, but this one has renewed interest for a number of reasons some of which are:

- Near instant gratification
- Very quick, complete in less than 4 hours
- Easy to manage with toddler
- "A change is as good as a rest"
- Quick feedback from recipients

Most feedback has been good; except one who told me not put their age on future cards. Shop bought card for that one in future… Maybe. I know, I should have thought about that one a bit more… If that were knitting… Any way a sample of the cards completed so far…


Oh and they are not my designs. They are from You Can Craft. Suits me so far and would recommend for anyone getting into card making. I love the freebees you get with it, probably why the price tag is on the hefty side. Who's birthday next?

Until next time (not sure when) and enjoy your crafting.

5 comments:

Bee said...

I am with you when you say time flies. I cannot believe that we are almost halfway through 2008. It would be nice to see on Ravelry when you can.

Happy Knitting.

Fiona said...

Lovely cards.

I know what you mean about time flying - life just catches up with you!

Stefaneener said...

"A change is as good as a rest."

What a great quote! I know what you mean about kids taking up time, believe me, I do.

thanks for stopping by my place! I'll have to come and "visit" more often.

Mandella said...

What a pretty little cardigan. I blew the photo up si I could have a really good look.

Elizabeth said...

Gorgeous cardi! What pattern did you use?