29 June 2008

I am so excited…

And I just can’t hide it! Whilst revisiting blogs and drumming up interest in my EZ Prize Draw, I rediscovered the Sexy Knitters Club. How did I let that slip for such a long time? I have decided to join the current SKC KAL so that I can knit Aleita Shell by Bonne Marie Burns Published in Interweave Knits, Spring 2008 .

The suggested yarn for the vest Plymouth Linen Isle which is a DK yarn with a gauge of 21 stitches and 28 rows in Stockinette on 4.0 mm needles (for the vest). I have decided use Muskat by Drops Designs which is also a DK yarn but 100% Egyptian mercerized cotton. It has the same gauge in stockinette and on same size needles. Looking at the comments on Ravelry, others have substituted successfully with other yarn; so I hope it will workout. I am going for the second size which will have 0-1” negative ease.

I can’t wait until the yarn arrives. This is the only downside to buying online. The wait. It feels like I have been on a yarn diet for a long time but I am sure I have bought yarn recently. Perhaps I was not as excited before, as I am about this project.

While I was shopping, at one of my favorite haunts – Scandinavian Kitting Design, I added some yarn for Trellis for my little girl. Might as well – postagewise… That was my justification anyway. I can wait to knit that too, and as it happens both are on my Ravelry queue.

Now, all I have to do is be very strict with myself and finish my Forecast this weekend so that I can start Aleita and be finished in time for the Knitting Olympics which I am really keen to take part in.

Wish me luck!

No comments: