31 July 2008

Big Aleita Troubles…

I am having big troubles with Aleita. I am now at the stage where you knit the two fronts. Technically I am about 80% through. This seems to suggest that I could have 2-3 hours of knitting and finish it.

But…

Last night as I was knitting the left front, I noted that it had gone past the back in length. I went back to the pattern and studied it intensely. I recounted the increases etc. and noted that I was on the right track then decided to go to bed.


When I got up this morning however, I recalled another Raveller saying that her armholes were getting far too long and she questioned whether there were too many decreases “after every 3rd row 21 times and then every other row” (to paraphrase) and so on…

I am not sure what to do. I will have to spend time reading up on people’s knitting adventures with Aleita before I can carry on – frogging is out of the question. This suggests that I will miss the KAL deadline (31st July - today). However, I might still be in time to join Ravelympics.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh I hope someone else knitting this can shed some light on matters for you