11 July 2008

Blocking Frenzy!

Why? Oh why? Oh why? Did I never listen to anyone about blocking? I have finally come around to it. How?

Well, the other day I was listening to the Knit Picks podcast. Kelley Petkun mentioned that when she prepares her knitted garments for blocking she washes (by hand) then spins it in the washing machine to get the water out efficiently. I tried it and it works beautifully.

I now realize that what held me back with blocking, was my inability to get the water out of the garment without wringing it. I found this rather difficult. And of course, I could not get the water out to lay the garment out properly. I therefore ended up with rather badly blocked garments. This also meant my knitted garments went for a while before I decided to wash them… Yes, really…

Anyway, I tried this new method with my Roadster as it was looking rather sad and it came out very well. Then, I blocked Sweet and she came out rather smart. I am now blocking Onza before I move on to Forecast. Although… I don’t have the schematics for this so not sure what to block to. Has anyone ever got the schematics? I am on a roll!

See ya!

No comments: