30 August 2010

Boleros Done!


Pattern: Sirdar 2174 – Bolero for Girls 1-12 yrs

Sizes: 1-2 and 3-4 years

Yarn: King Cole Premier Value DK – Pink (022) - 2 skeins

Needles: KnitPicks Options Interchangeables – Nickel 3.25 and Prym Circulars - Metal 2.5

Modifications: Looser gauge and lengthened sleeves

Verdict: A good pattern, and although one might find the lace irritatingly fiddly, it is worth the effort. Recommended.

They are finally done. What a race to get them done; to match the dresses my girls wore for a friend’s wedding last Saturday. The second one was completed literally half an hour before we left for the wedding (about 30 minutes drive away from where we live).

And… They only wore the boleros for another half hour... The sun came out! All that effort to get them done in time! Never mind. Winter approaches…

1 comment:

Alice said...

I can hardly believe it. I seem to turn my back for five minutes, and next time I look, you have TWO children! Congratulations!

Thanks so much for your comment on my blog (I've only just seen it). Now Charlie has just gone back to school I might actually post again soon!

Your children are so lovely (and your knitting!)